The Fort Cavazos Media Relations staff assists members of the news media in reporting on Fort Cavazos, ensuring the American public has access to information they need to understand the military’s role in the community, in support of the nation, and throughout the world. The latest news from the installation is posted on the Fort Cavazos Media Center available online at www.fortcavazosmediacenter.com. News media wishing to cover events on Fort Cavazos should submit their requests on the media center at Submit your question here.
News Media Reporting on Fort Cavazos
- All news media representatives planning to cover events on Fort Cavazos must be escorted by a member of one of the post’s Public Affairs Offices, or will be refused entry to Fort Cavazos. Call (254) 287-9993 or (254) 287-0106 to request a PAO escort. Escorts should be arranged in advance to allow for coordination with the organization receiving coverage.
- After hours, media should call the Emergency Operations Center at (254) 287-2054 and ask for the on-call PAO.
- Members of the news media who have a personal affiliation with the military (retiree, spouse or family member) and have a military identification card are instructed to call the Garrison PAO media relations office at the numbers above for escort when reporting a story. Due to the limited number of PAO staff members available to provide escort, media are asked to request escort support as far in advance as possible.
- The media are reminded that security precautions and federal regulations prohibit unlimited access to military installations and media representatives found unescorted by a representative of a Public Affairs Office are subject to confiscation of cameras and recorders and may be subject to prosecution by the federal court system.
- Current security regulations require all vehicles entering Fort Cavazos to present current vehicle registration and proof of insurance as well as being subject to a complete inspection. All passengers must have photo identification. Vehicles that arrive at the gate without the proper documentation will be denied entry.
The Fort Cavazos Media Center
The Fort Cavazos Media Center is a one-stop shop for all news media:
- PRESS RELEASES: Media have access to the latest press releases from every unit on Fort Cavazos on the Media Center.
- MEDIA QUERIES: Media queries can be submitted through the site to quickly access the right media relations person in each unit just by choosing the unit category.
- BROLL: Direct links are provided for B-roll file footage and photos of past unit activities.