THE CENTRAL TEXAS-FORT HOOD (Now designated Fort Cavazos) CHAPTER, ASSOCIATION OF THE U.S. ARMY (AUSA)
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Fernando Fernandez, Committee Chair
KILLEEN, Texas — The Central Texas-Fort Hood (Now designated Fort Cavazos) Chapter of the Association of the U.S. Army (AUSA) will host “Operation Great Place Cleanup” at 7:30 a.m. Nov. 7.
Representatives from Fort Hood (Now designated Fort Cavazos), the local community and elected officials will work together to remove litter from the Fort Hood (Now designated Fort Cavazos) Main Gate and East Gate at the event.
Participants will include:
• Representatives from U.S. Congressmen John Carter and Roger Williams’ offices
• State Representative Dr. Brad Buckley
• Killeen City Mayor Jose Segarra
• Killeen City Council members
• Killeen City Manager Kent Cagle
• Killeen Police Chief Charles Kimble
• Bell County Commissioners
• AUSA Members
• Shoemaker High School JROTC
• Greater Killeen Chamber of Commerce
• Hispanic-American Chamber of Commerce
• Innovation Black Chamber of Commerce
• Fort Hood (Now designated Fort Cavazos) III Corps Command
• Audie Murphy Club
• Better Opportunity for Single Soldiers (BOSS)
• Equal Opportunity Advisers
The event is part of the AUSA’s Professional Mentor Program. This initiative strives to increase partnership between Fort Hood (Now designated Fort Cavazos) Soldiers and the Central Texas community by providing mentoring programs with highly successful local professionals and networking opportunities with senior military, civic, academic, and business leaders. The program also offers professional development forums to enhance military careers and helps strengthen the relationship between Soldiers and the local community.
Individuals interested in participating in the mentoring program can contact Fernando Fernandez, Committee Chair, at (254) 258-9059 or Fernando.email@example.com.