FORT HOOD (Now designated Fort Cavazos), Texas – Fort Hood (Now designated Fort Cavazos) officials will meet with Central Texas education officials from nine area school districts and local higher education institutions at the 2017 Fort Hood (Now designated Fort Cavazos) Education Summit Feb. 23 at Club Hood here.
Throughout the day, senior educations officials from Central Texas school districts will work with school liaison officers and other Fort Hood (Now designated Fort Cavazos) officials collaborating on unique challenges facing military students attending area schools.
Media who wish to cover the event will be able to film the collaborative small group session at 1:30 p.m. followed by a subject matter expert panel discussing the outcomes of the earlier breakout sessions and closing remarks by Lt. Gen. Sean MacFarland, III Corps and Fort Hood (Now designated Fort Cavazos) commanding general.
Breakout session will be held on special education, higher education, information awareness and student success.
Distinguished panel members include:
- Nanette Pigg, Installation Management Command School Program Manager;
- Betsy King, Region 12 Field Supervisor for the Alternative Education Program;
- Lt. Col. Eric Flake, program director, Developmental Behavioral Pediatrics, Air Force Medical Command;
- Retired Col. Jack Ballantyne IV, Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Military Child Education Coalition; and
- Mike Engen, Fort Hood (Now designated Fort Cavazos) Education Services Officer
Media attending should register. On Feb. 23, media should meet public affairs representatives at 1 p.m. in the Southside parking lot of the Marvin Leath Visitors’ center.